Quite often I am asked why I’m always changing things, rearranging furniture, repainting rooms, etc. Why do I do what I do? Sometimes I know I’m asked that from people because they just aren’t interested in doing that kind of thing, or they are amazed that I like to do it so much. But other times, I’m asked in such a way that I think they are pondering the psychological reasons why I’m always changing my home. Like there is some deep, underlying, yet to be revealed, mystery to what makes me tick. (Why do I see a lot of heads nodding??) 😉
I know I’m not the only one out there who constantly switches things up. But for the curious, I will tell you why I think I redecorate/repaint/rearrange a lot…
1. Because it’s my house and I’m the Queen.
2. Because no one has asked me to change THEIR house yet. 😀
3. Because, as a stay home mom, I need more of a creative outlet than picking out shoes and socks for my kids.
4. Because the only change I like is the change I control myself. (That may need some therapy!)
5. Because it’s a hoot not to tell my Hubby what I’m up to just to see how long it takes from him to notice the change. (Ladies, let me tell ya, this one is loads of fun!)
See? Nothing odd or strange about it at all. I just enjoy being creative and my home is my canvas. I’m sure I’m not the only one who wakes up in the middle of the night to sketch out a new room plan or to move the couch to the other side of the room or to tape paint samples on the wall, right? 😀 Please let me know you’re out there. Safety in numbers? ;D