This pumpkin bread recipe is so delicious, I’m posting it again. Fabulous I tell you! Make it today! You’ll have a yummy breakfast, snack or dessert for the weekend. You will be so happy and in love with this pumpkin bread that you will want to make it for guest, holidays, teachers, or just because! This recipe came from my friend Kerry. Enjoy!
Ultimate Pumpkin Bread Yields 2 Medium Loaves
3 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp ground cloves 2 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp ground nutmeg 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 cups granulated sugar 1 cup butter, really soft, half melted really 3 large eggs 1 16 oz can of pure pumpkin 1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 1/2 cups powdered Sugar 2 Tbsp. melted butter milk (as much as you need for desired frosting thickness)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray two medium loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the wire whisk attached, dump in the sugar. Take the butter and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, so that it is half melted. Dump it into the sugar. Add the eggs. Cream these three ingredients together on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add the pumpkin, and vanilla and combine well.
4. In three batches, add the dry ingredients and mix gently until each batch is just incorporated. Scrape the sides between each batch.
5. Pour half of the batter into a one of the prepared pans. Fold the pecans into the remaining batter and then pour it into the other prepared pan. Bake side-by-side for about one hour or until an inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean and the top is golden.
6. Remove from pans and cool completely before frosting. (I like to let the frosting run down the sides of the loaf.)